Wife of the year?

Dateline: Fri 02 Dec 2011

Former City-County Councilman/police officer/player Lincoln Plowman got what he deserved: 3 1/2 years behind bars in federal prison for being a slimeball.

Yes, he's been made an example. He made the choice, as the judge said...shoulda thought of your family BEFORE you went down the strip-club/bribes path.

His wife is who interests me, thanks to this quote in the morning Indianapolis Star (and other stories speaking of her fidelity):

"'We humbly submit to God's plan for Lincoln's life,' Christina Nye-Plowman said."

Wow.

Plowman is not, of course, a tragic figure; his character does not reach such proportions.

Plays will be written eventually about Bernie Madoff. His saga, the extreme highs and lows, are grist for the mill.

Nobody will ever write about Lincoln Plowman, but perhaps his wife is the real story. How she could remain with a man after hearing court testimony about his grandiosity, greed and sexual slurs on women is beyond me. She is an enigma.

Comments

M Theory [unverified] said:

Ruth, I thought the same thing about his wife. It broke my heart to hear that she would likely lose the family home to foreclosure.

I wonder if she knows that single women (without loser husbands who talk about women as if they are little more pieces of meat to service their d**ks) can have a home on their own.

She seems kind of brainwashed to me.

2011-12-02 10:05:18

There are those trained to take it as it comes, and give it up to the Maker. It is, how they live.

And what is she supposed to do now? Put food on the table, and a roof over their heads. Maybe she'll wait for Plowman, knothead that he is; it is her choice to do so. Maybe he's lucky, although I suspect not.

He could be on tap to inherit a lot of money. Or she might be in love with him. Some types of love have no boundaries, and might also have lots of forgiveness. Some guys live large, both good and bad. We're not here to judge. He seems to be a skunk. But we don't know the other battles he's fought, either. On the surface of the evidence, he's a bad guy. She may believe differently. In the end, it's her choice.... just like it was his choice.

2011-12-02 11:21:31

Yeah,I am just trying to get a read on her. I gotta go with M Theory. As a therapist said to me once, it's when you think you have no choices that you are in big trouble. Maybe she's down with that, maybe not. But that whole Stand By Your Man thing has always been fascinating, in a sick, albeit human sort of way.
And Hendy is right; we don't have all the information. And we're not here to judge.
But judge we do....

2011-12-02 12:19:47

Cody [unverified] said:

If you can believe there is a god, you can believe anything.

2011-12-02 14:51:22

Gary Welsh [unverified] said:

Christina actually laughed out loud during her husband's trial when the proseuctors were playing recorded conversations of the sexually crass comments he made to the undercover agent about certain women. Jim Voyles had to ask her to excuse herself if she couldn't control herself out of concern for how her reaction would be perceived by the jurors.

2011-12-02 17:52:09

BuyNexium [Member] said:

where can i buy nexium 20mg in uk cheap nexium

2011-12-02 23:07:40

Wow, Gary--she laughed out loud? Nervously, as in, scared? Or pitiful, as in "I'll kill him when we get home."

'Cause if the last reaction was hers, I'd have more respect for her. Giving it all up to God is a tired excuse, lame...it mocks those of us for whom faith is an important ritual.

My God takes pity on children and fools. So the Plowmans are covered.

And this little tidbit for you to consider:

She chose him.

He was never more than what fellow Councillor Mike Speedy called him: a wannabe, ignorant, self-aggrangizing, naive. arrogant for no reason.

Anyone who ever met him, for even a second, would likely conclude the same. He will not attend any future Mensa meetings--not that brains are required for Council membership.

We get what we elect, and what we pay for. Lincoln Plowman rose to the top of his caucus for reasons I cannot understand. Because even when I disagree with that caucus-which is every day--they have a history of choosing pretty smart leadership. Respectable folks.

Lincoln was not one of them. He acted like he controlled zoning in this town, and everyone knows that's not the case. He lived in a small world known as Fantasy, a legend in his own mind.

2011-12-03 19:18:05

Gary Welsh [unverified] said:

TTT, I don't agree that Plowman is an unintelligent person. A braggart who mad poor decisions like many politicians far more gifted than him? Yes. Dumb? No. The government's witness testified that he graduated from the FBI's law enforcement training academy at Quantico, Virginia with well above average marks. Compare that to Congressman Andre Carson, who finished 88th out of a class of 89 at the less demanding state law enforcement academy he attended for his law enforcement training. Who would have thought a politician as accomplished as Dan Rostenkowski would throw it all away by trading U.S. postage stamps for cash?

2011-12-05 09:05:21